Talking, Reading and Playing with a child every day helps with brain development, self-esteem and vocabulary, which is a key predictor of a child’s ability to succeed in school.
• Say your baby’s name often.
• Take turns making the same sounds as your baby. Babies learn that people react when they make sounds.
• Talk to your baby during bath time, play time, diaper changing, and feeding time. This is how your baby will learn the daily routine.
• Talking to your baby will help your baby learn to talk.
• Look at books together. This gives you a chance to hold and cuddle your baby.
• Point to pictures in books and talk about what you see. This gives your baby a chance to hear new words and learn to enjoy books.
• Read before nap time and bedtime. This routine can calm your baby.
• Give your baby time to move and play with you.
• Look and smile at your baby. Let your baby watch your face and follow your movements.
• Play with your baby using rattles, toys, and games like peek-a-boo.
• Talk to your baby during these activities